ESTA!


Image by Jordan Nicholson


Born, raised and living in California, Francis Esteban who goes by Esta is a beat maker weaving west coast nostalgia with the kind of tempo you want to cruise to against a backdrop of blue skies. Interested in music and pretty girls with curly hair from a young age, he is now making a name for himself in the world of producing. His popularity fuelled by collaborations with upcoming rappers such as Eponym, and by constantly churning out beats to his growing cyber fan-base, Esta has recently answered a lot of prayers by dropping 'Bananas' where he throws up a load of tracks, all grippingly progressive and with a tendency to want re-playing. Find out more about him below. 





Where have you come from, and where are you going? 

I come from Southern California trying to make it all over the world. I'm just a driven fellow trying to pursue his dreams haha.

When did you start making music?

I started in '06 and didn't really get serious with it til about 2008.

How would you describe the music you're making at the moment? 

Well, I'm a single ass dude so I been on a sexy tip lately. Making some beats girls can rock to. I'm trying to make women feel sexy when they hear my music haha.



How has living in California influenced your creativity? 

It influenced it 100%. My mother is a huge fan of West Coast hip hop and my pops' favorite album is Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" haha.

What's your favourite hangout? 

Anywhere as long as it's with good company with good energy.




Name three songs you can't live without. 

Hmm, I'll mention albums because I can't narrow them down haha. Dr. Dre "The Chronic", Mos Def & Talib Kweli "Black Star", and Blu & Exile "Below The Heavens"

Is there anyone you would love to collaborate with? 

At the moment, anyone from Good Music, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Miguel, and Dom Kennedy.

And finally, where would you ultimately like to end up?

I'd like to end up at a place where I'm just content. Obviously I wouldn't mind being rich and what not but realistically I'd be happy just living off music and being able to do just music.

Check out his website, twitter (girls, tweet him love!), soundcloud and go buy Bananas!

No comments: